Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2018-01-09

Photography 2017

Kodak Brownie Hawkeye, 02/2017


Yeah, right. I'm late with my December tradition of looking back on my year in photography.

The thing is not only that I didn't shoot that many films - and those mainly during the first half of 2017 -, but also that probably half of that stuff (if not more) isn't internet-ready yet. That means I have scanned the negatives, but not cleaned the dirt off them and resized them to web resolution.

And if I haven't optimized my pictures yet, I tend to forget them, so even though I haven't produced an overwhelming amount of photography last year, I have an astonishingly bad overview about what I've done.

Finally there's of course that one 35mm film in one of my La Sardinas, which I needed months and months to fill. Well, there are indeed still a couple of frames left.

So all in all I'm by far not ready to do a proper review of my shit. But I I want to have it done now, so I'll wing it somehow and probably miss one or two things.


Let's start not with film, but with the two digital themes which went through the whole year and were hardly to miss on this blog:

1. My 52 weeks of Lensbaby Sunday, presenting one digital shot taken with the Lensbaby lens each week. Did it stir some new interest and energy in experimenting with my DSLR and this lens? Honestly, not really. Most times I just cranked out something in the last minute. But I also did a couple of nice series, so while not a giant photographic kick this also wasn't for nothing.

Here are a couple of random impressions from my Lensbaby year:


















2. Of course I shot tons of trashy concert pictures with my Harinezumi cameras again. The newer one, the Harinezumi 4.0 however only lasted until April. It was obviously not designed to be used as often and frequent as I did. On the Sunday of Roadburn Festival its internal battery was empty and couldn't be recharged anymore. Definitely disappointing.

Here are some of its last concert pictures:













And here's the final image before the camera died:




Luckily my Harinezumi 3.0 still lives. Here are come concert pictures I took with it:






















Of course I have to mention one shot in particular! I was pretty pleased with my whole set from the Esben And The Witch show at Roadburn, and since that also was one of my favorite shows there, I'm very happy that this picture...


...ended up on the back cover of the live record:





I seldom used the Harinezumi for non-concert pictures, but for the sake of completeness here are some of those:











So, now finally to some film photographs:

I started into 2017 quite diligently with a couple of - surprise - winterly rolls.

Tori (Diana F+)

Tori (Diana F+)

"Silver Cam"

La Sardina Sapphire Serpent

La Sardina Sapphire Serpent

Kodak Brownie Hawkeye

Kodak Brownie Hawkeye

I also dusted my scissors and cut some mask for my Holga again to revisited my scissorisms series after a long hiatus, shooting three double exposure films in January and April.

scissorism 13.3

scissorism 14.4

scissorism 15.4

scissorism 15.10

As always April was my busiest month, due to the tourist side programme of my Roadburn stay in Oisterwijk (Netherlands). But I also took pictures in Cologne, Hamburg and at home in Schleswig-Holstein.

Holga

Holga
 
Split Cam



Split Cam

Kodak Brownie Hawkeye


Kodak Brownie Hawkeye

Exacta

Exacta

Exacta

In April there was also the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day. I did a nice extra wide shot with my Holga Wide Pinhole Camera:

Holga WPC

During the rest of the summer I shot some nature and family pictures...

Kiev 88

Kiev 88

Kiev 88

Kiev 88

Kiev 88

Kiev 88

Kiev 88

... had very little tourism time between the Prophecy Fest days...


Rich Cam (one-way-camera)

Rich Cam (one-way-camera)

Adox Golf

Adox Golf

... filled the roll in my Adox Golf in Hamburg...

Adox Golf

Adox Golf

... and that was it. I think.

Except for that one film that's still in in my La Sardia Belle Starr of course.



I can't really decide for a definite "favorite picture of the year" this time. Well, if I really had to, I'd choose that Esben And The Witch photograph. Having a Harinezumi picture in the artwork of a "live at Roadburn" album was kind of on my bucket list after all. And it is a good photo, so yeah, that one I guess.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen