Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2018-01-31

PSYCHIC LEMON - Frequency Rhythm Distortion Delay

Sometimes people (me included) post excess download codes they don't need in facebook groups for the first who is interested to grab it. I recently got the new Psychic Lemon album this way. And since it is really freaking good, I decided not just to silently enjoy it, but at least to give the english band some love here. The genre (surprise!) is psychedelic rock.


PSYCHIC LEMON - Frequency Rhythm Distortion Delay (2018)

"Frequency Rhythm Distortion Delay" luckily doesn't require a long and winding review, because the title alone pretty much sums most of what it's about up.

But to throw in some related contamporaries, I would say that these five songs - each running from around seven to ten minutes - can be described as a mixture of Hills, White Hills, a little more Hills (vocals) and hints of Lumerians.

The production is very clean, modern and powerful - in a completely all good way. Ok, if you want me to nitpick: there are passages where I'm not to keen of the snare drum sound.
But all in all Psychic Lemon create an addictively hypnotic, fast-paced, sometimes surprisingly heavy journey, which showcases all the best qualities of the genre.

And if this isn't your first time reading something on this blog, you might know that I love me some saxophone, so the occasional guest appearance of the wind instrument rounds "Frequency Rhythm Distortion Delay" up to a fuzzy eleven. Great stuff!

Available on Bandcamp, as well as on CD and vinyl.


Highlights: Exit To Death Lane, Satori Disko, Interstellar Fuzz Star



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen