Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2019-05-19

DOOL - Love Like Blood

Dool are still working on their eagerly awaited second album. To shorten the time until then the Dutch dark rockers just put out a little EP.


DOOL - Love Like Blood (download) (2019)

Prophecy Records also released this on vinyl and CD, but since this is just one cover and two live songs, I'm content with the digital format this time.

Which doesn't mean that this stuff isn't good.

Dool are a fantastic live band, so the Rock Hard Festival recordings of "She Goat" and "In Her Darkest Hour" are almost an automatic win. And I'm saying this even though the TV stream of that show left me with the impression that it wasn't even their strongest performance. I would put at least two of the four times I saw them above that show. I'm pretty sure that if there were fufficient recording from Hell Over Hammaburg or Prophecy Fest, they would have used those. But hey, this is great, don't let me tell you otherwise!

Dool live at Sankt Hell 2017
Dool's version of the Killing Joke classic "Love Like Blood" stays very true to the original, while successfully transfering it into their own style without feeling forced. It's a bit slower, of course it's heavier and without question Ryanne van Dorst's unique voice gives it a new spin and makes it totally sound like a Dool composition.

The main critique here is obvious: the 16+ minutes of this EP rush by way too fast. And of course we want to here more new material. So yeah, bring the new album!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen