Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2020-03-28

BLUE SOLITUDE (a photo series from March 1st 2020)



I started into 2020 with a couple of resolutions concerning photography, the first being shooting more film than during the second half of 2019. And I can proudly say that I have already done so.


For the following weeks it's of course hard to make any predictions. The weather's fine for some excursions, but since I am not only grounded at home by the viral apocalypse, but I also shouldn't be driving due to my health condition, who knows what I'll find myself doing? You can only entertain yourself photographing the immediate surroundings of your home to a point I guess.
I probably should to some still life series or something... For the time being I'll just edit the loads of recent and older scans which have cumulated on my hard drive.



Another intent was to use some of my more "exotic" films, which can't necessarily all be processed by the laboratory I usually send my material to. My second ever Minox miniature film (after a break of seven years) sadly was a complete failure. So it was the manual mode which still works? Or do I need to get a new battery? It's always so expensive to investigate that shit. Bit I still have three films left, so I guess I'll try it again.
Thankfully my first black and white pocket camera film was a much better experience.


This post however is about the film I shot on the first of March with my Holga 120WPC, a pinhole camera which allows you to take 6 x 12 cm panorama format pictures.

It's a Revue Color 2000, expired in August 1974.

Modern colour films are developed with a standardised process called C-41, which was invented in 1972. If you try that one on older films like this, you can get a negative without pictures, yet an somehow burned, oily surface and a terrible stench. I'm speaking from experience here.

So since I didn't need that again (or spend a fortune finding someone who can do the older process) I just had it developed like a black and white film. That's also a gamble with no guarantee of useful results, but this time I got lucky. Even without the different processing, just for a colour film that old, I am very happy with the results.

I still have a second one of these in my stash, so I'm already excited to shoot another blue series.

Hope you like it, too:










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen