Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2022-03-20

Expired 12/1990? Sounds like "still fresh" to me.

I just got my first bunch of film I shot this year back from the laboratory. Ten rolls, all medium format black and white, most of them expired Eastern German or Ukranian USSR stuff.

Especially my stash of the latter appearantly goes a little bit too far with showing off its expiration features. Or maybe I'm just spoiled, because after many hundreds of photographs on decades old film rolls I must admit that I've been pretty lucky with the results most of the time.

Save the one picture above (Svema Foto 250, shot with Ansco Pioneer - I think) I didn't even bother scanning two of the films, while a third one shows at least a couple of hints of actual motives, as seen below. (Also Svema Foto 250, shot with Kiev 88 in January - as if that would  matter.)

Enjoy!


And the other seven rolls? A mixed bag:

In more meh news, the Arsat Fisheye lens for the Kiev 88 remains unreliable. Three out of ten frames weren't exposed, which seems to be the established quota by now. But on the other hand my Belair X 6-12 works again. Astonishing how much changing a couple of small batteries can help...

Some darker frames on the other films are similar to what I've shown here, but then there's also some really good stuff to come, which makes it all worth it. Well, hopefully. Plus some "just" good, mediocre and maybe not so good pictures, but I'll leave that judgement to the viewer.

For your eyes on flickr, partially also here, more or less soon - or whenever I'll find time and muse to edit and publish them.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen