Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2023-06-02

Roadburn 6x6

Maud The Moth / Brutus


Yes, I'm not done with festival content yet!

Last year I revived the Roadburn 6x6 series (=me taking 6x6 cm live shots with an Adox Golf folding camera on Ilford Delta 3200 film). This year I continued the tradition - and next year I'll probably bury it. 

Why? Well, last time I stopped after Friday, because my shutter cable was broken. This time I just wasn't feeling it enough.*
It's just a bit too much of a hassle. You always have to consider whether a show can be shot with it, then you get the thing out, you have to fumble the shutter cable out of your pocket without losing any of all the other stuff you keep in there in the process... Then you don't want to contemplate an eternity when to take your precious picture - and right after you have taken it something visually more interesting happens.

You forget to spool to the next frame after Maud The Moth, which leads to an actually very cool double exposure with Brutus. (see above) But then in a brain fart you're so determined to not do that again that you spool forward twice and waste one of your only twelve  frames.

Nah... of course I like some pictures, but I think I will rather shoot smaller shows on medium format again instead of Roadburn. Already got enough stuff on my overstimulated mind there anyway.

But that being said here's the rest of the bunch of pictures I took:

The Shits

Poison Ruin

Yrre

Judasz & Nahimana

Esben And The Witch

Julie Christmas

Bo Ningen

France

Ad Nauseam

Bell Witch

Under the Surface & White Boy Scream





* What I only realized the next morning was that after I had decided to quit shooting with the Adox I probably dropped and forgot my shutter cable in the Paradox anyway.



 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen