Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2021-02-04

It's February. Obviously. (But what does it mean for this blog?)

 


In previous years this picture would have looked different, because I made it a Christmas tradition to gift myself a calendar with prints of concert photographs I had taken with my Harinezumi camera during the year.
This time there was of course a painful lack of material to do that, so I just bought an empty calendar on which I tape some old stuff at the beginning of each month. Which is nice too, since it gives some old prints a purpose for a couple of weeks.

But yeah, it's now one year since I was able to write about a live show on this blog. Which is not only sad for the fact that I fucking need live music in my life, but also because those live reviews have kind of become the soul of this whole blog operation.
Of course they never made the majority of entries here, but without them my motivation - or let's better say my creative inspiration - to write about music in general is... not really declining, but surely wavering to some degree.


Partially it may also be an attention matter. Not that I generally have a big problem with writing mostly for myself and a rather small crowd (I wouldn't randomly switch between english and german or just change the blog title as often as I do if I had), but it is nice to get some traction here and there. And that mainly happens through artists who actively share my writings on facebook (like Laibach as a prime example) and live reviews plus the occasional other lucky link.

Some photographic topics also have that potential to attract viewers, but I've been getting more and more behind in scanning, editing and publishing my pictures, and I don't see that changing in the near future. Especially for the editing part I just rarely find the nerves these days, even though I mostly just clean up scratches and lint from the negatives.

I didn't even bother to compilate my photographic highlights of 2020 here. I have still shot stuff (both released and unreleased) which I'm pretty happy with, but there are just too many distractions and changes outside of my hobbies right now, and ultimately I have to draw some lines where I admit that just don't have enough time and energy left at the moment.


One of said changes is that I'm transitioning into a new full-time job outside of my home right now. I know, that's not the most exemplary move during a pandemic, but it's just impossible to learn new tasks and processes from the reclusive comfort of your home office. It's a relatively safe environment, the occasional covid-19 test inclusive, though. That test isn't as bad as I imagined it to be, but boy, I'm still very much in for the vaccine, so please bring it!

And while there are of course significants ups about my new occupation (why else would I've taken it?), there are of course a couple of downsides, which might affect the form and/or frequency of this blog. Less opportunity to listen to music is undoubtly a major one, but also the luxury of just writing or proof-reading a couple of lines during lunch break will surely be missed.

So if there'll be significantly less post here in the future, you have an idea why that's the case. But maybe there won't even be such a drastic difference. I honestly don't know. Let's just see how things go...


What I know for sure though is that it's only around ten hours until the next Bandcamp Friday.

So what are you waiting for? Get this one!


Or this!




Or this!





It's all pay what you want, so where's the harm? Come on! :)






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen