Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2022-02-20

harineweekly 07/52

Ok. Honestly, a week ago I had hoped that this post would become a little more of a success story. As you can see all pictures here are double exposures, a feature which the Digital Harinezumi 3.0 is incapable of, so yes, my Harinezumi 4.0 has made its great return!
I thought it had shot its very last picture on a Sunday in the Netherlands, back in April 2017. But now it's back. Well, kind of at least, I guess. I don't even know right now.

It started in January with a post in a Facebook groups, which stated that it was unnecessary to repair a DH4 with a drained internal battery, since you could just use it with a powerbank. Even though I knew that this option had been one of the first things I had tried, I got the camera corpse out of the closet and tried it again without any expectation of it working.
But it did! For a moment at least. When I accidentily hit the camera's power button without the power bank, it died again. For approximately two weeks. So I had learned two lessons:
1. Only handle the camera with the power bank attached.
2. If the camera doesn't work at all, even after hitting its tiny ball-pen-point-operated reset button, then you just have to let it be and collect its mojo for a longer while.

Speaking of the reset button: Make it your best friend! Because sometimes the connected power bank works immediately, sometimes it only gives enough energy for one or two actions, until you have to try - or reset - again.

I wish I had a little less confusing and shaky solution at hand, because this just doesn't really invite me to take the thing with me anywhere. But since this week was informed by severe weather and post working day exhaustion anyway, I decided to just revive the idea of my old flickr series "SPIN SPIN SPIN", where I was playing with the DH4 while listening to music.

Only yesterday I took it on a field trip in my car, which despite some nice results just confirmed that the handling of the cam in this state is an unreliable mess. So until I have some epiphanic brainwave to make this better I will just use it occasionally at home, but stay with the good old Digital Harinezumi 3.0 for most of this weekly series.






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen