Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2019-08-17

PRANA CRAFTER & TAROTPLANE - Symbiose

Ok, I recently grabbed this as a generous surprise download card donation on a certain facebook group. And now I feel obliged to give it at least a brief shout-out to spread the word.

It's a split album, physically available on LP or CD, consisting of two long tracks from two bands I admittedly have never heard of before.



PRANA CRAFTER & TAROTPLANE - Symbiose (2019)


First I have to say that if it wasn't denoted, I probably would have absolutely missed, that there are different artists at play. Because "Symbiose" is a very coherent release and my guess is that both bands strayed from their usual sound to meet on this album.

Of course it would take a minimal research to confirm or deny that, but I honestly don't feel like digging into the discographies of both Prana Crafter and Tarotplane - at least right now -, because I kind of just want to keep the mystery.

So, what's this thing about? Well, hypothetically, if I disliked this kind of music, I would just say this is almost forty minutes of pointless Pink Floyd "Echoes" mid-section noodling, which gets nowhere.

But as I very much love the ready-made for Autobahn night rides sound of both tracks, I'd rather say this isn't pointless at all, but takes you to every dot in the sky at once.

All in all this is a great pairing of cosmic ambient psych. Wide, relaxing and inspirational.






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen