Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2020-12-21

regarding TAU CROSS

I've already written a little something about it quite a while ago, but since my Tau Cross reviews keep getting clicks, I think it's time for a little update of how I feel about the band with Rob Miller being lost to conspiracy nutjobism.

First of all: I have double standards for these kind of things.
Judging the art by the flaws of its creators is not always a simple task with universally valid rules.

We probably all have those double standards. For example everyone knows that Miles Davis or James Brown were pretty shitty persons, but it doesn't really affect the relevance of their musical legacy.
Gary Glitter however has been completely canceled, which is not only the right thing to do, but also easy, because in his case the art just isn't that relevant.


So were do I stand with Tau Cross now?

I still think the name should be history and I still like to think that Miller's descend is a rather recent thing, so I can still enjoy the memories of two great shows of this band.


I still enjoy the music of the first two albums when a song pops up during shuffle play, but do I actively seek them out to listen to them? So far not. In fact I just sold my vinyl copies on Discogs.

The limited Roadburn 2016 poster, as great as it looks, was not something to look at daily anymore, so I replaced it with another Costin Chioreanu artwork for Grave Miasma with a similar colour palette.


Yeah, so that's it.

Still got that poster, if anyone's interested. It has been rolled up and is now folded, so it needs to be straightened, but overall it's in a decent condition.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen