Sometimes German, sometimes English. • The title of this blog used to change from time to time. • Interested in me reviewing your music? Please read this! • I'm also a writer for VeilOfSound.com. • Please like and follow Audiovisual Ohlsen Overkill on Facebook!

2020-04-17

HOMEBURN 2020: Friday



Today Dool, Alcest, Dylan Carlson and many more were to supposed to amaze us at Roadburn Festival in Tilburg. Fucking corona.

To help coping with the blues here's a collection of pictures from the Fridays of previous editions.

Today's music recommendation takes us back to one of the most beautiful Roadburn Friday shows I had the privilege of witnessing:



Agusa

Anna von Hausswolff

Anna von Hausswolff

Black Bombaim & Peter Brötzmann

Candlemass

Chelsea Wolfe

Claudio Simonetti's Goblin

Comus

Diamanda Galas

Fields Of The Nephilim

Final

Gallops

Godflesh

Godflesh

Hedvig Mollestad Trio

Hedvig Mollestad Trio

Kikagaku Moyo

Lingua Ignota

Lucifer

Lucifer

Magma

Magma

Magma

Manorexia

Manorexia

Motorpsycho

NYIÞ

Opeth

Sacri Monti feat. Isaiah Mitchell (Earthless)

Sinistro

Sinistro

Sólstafir

Sólstafir

Sólstafir

Subrosa subdued

Subrosa subdued

Úlfsmessa

Virus

Voivod

Voivod

Voivod feat. Dan Kubinski (Die Kreuzen)

Zeal & Ardor



Ok, so now - on a super egoistic note - I must admit that I am a little glad that Roadburn got canceled this year.

Because Covid-19 or not, I don't think I would have made it with my current medical condition. I'm on my last day of sick leave today, yet far from feeling fully recovered, and the drive to Tilburg let alone four full festival days seem like a pretty Herculean task right now.
On the other hand maybe my treatment would have been more focussed and faster without the social distancing brakes on.


Anyway with the organizers trying to carry as much of this year's scheduled program into next year's edition I'm glad that ultimately their work of the last year will not have been for nothing.


To a wholesome and healthy Roadburn 2021!



And yes, there are of course still two more days of this to come. ;)





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen